License load fails with "External exception E0434F4D" error
Posted by Yoni Davidson, Last modified by Yoni Davidson on 08 January 2018 04:09 PM
This error occurs when trying to load the license:
EExternalException: External exception E0434F4D
If the 2013 redistributable is installed, but the above problem still occurs, check if you have .NET 4.62 installed.
There might be a few other reasons for this error, even when the VS2013 redistributor and .NET 4.62 are installed
- The machine is under a domain -> removing it from the domain just in order to generate the machine id might help.
- The FIPS security policy might be blocking this operation. Please disable FIPS and try this procedure again.
How to disable FIPS:
- Click Start, type regedit in the start search box and hit enter.
- In the registry editor navigate to:
- This registry value reflects the current FIPS setting. If this setting is enabled, the value is 1. If this setting is disabled, the value is 0.
- To disable it double click on the file and select 0.
- Restart the computer and check.