Link errors using IncrediLink
Posted by - NA -, Last modified by Yoni Davidson on 27 December 2017 09:12 AM
Considerationgs to take into account when using IncrediLink and their potential fixes:
- Duplicate lik error messages may appear if different project libraries include or define the same variable more than once. This is because the linker is more tolerant to duplicate statements within libraries compared to duplicate variables defined in object files. In this case, change each variable, so that they are only used once.
- If there are link errors regarding missing function bodies, add function these function calls to your code.
- Variables which are not referenced anywhere in the code will still be included in the final output, whereas without IncrediLink they will be ignored.
- For VC7: Static libraries don't link when the libraries contain dependencies on one another. If a statis library fails because of unresolved external variables do the following:
- Click on the IncrediBuild dropdown menu within the Visual Studio IDE.
- Click on Solution Settings.
- Select the name of whichever static libraries are causing your builds to fail.
- From the General tab, check "Link library dependencies" and click OK.
- Your project should now be build correctly with IncrediLink