Incredibuild Support has moved! Come join us at:
Agent "Connection Failed" status: Configuring IncrediBuild to work with Windows Firewall over multiple subnets
Posted by - NA -, Last modified by Yoni Davidson on 27 December 2017 09:21 AM
Additional manual configurations are required when IncrediBuild is used with Microsoft Firewall over multiple network sub nets:
Additional manual configurations are necessary when IncrediBuild needs to pass through Windows Firewall through multiple network sub nets.
Issue: Certain Agents fail to run distributed builds and show a "Connection Failed" status in the Coordinator Monitor and under the Network Connectivity Test window. Using IncrediBuild's Windows Firewall configuration feature has no effect, nor does the "Test Connection" option in the Coordinator Monitor.
Solution: The following process is required on all Agent and Coordinator machines:
1. Open the Network properties page.
2. Select the "Advanced" tab.
3. Click "Settings" under "Windows Firewall"
4. Select the "Exceptions" tab.
5. For every port listed as being used by IncrediBuild, click 'Edit', then 'Change Scope' and finally change the scope to 'Any computer'.